Of Haggis & Nessie

The chronicles of disorientation amongst the scottish brogue

Saturday, May 27, 2006

A weekend of travel

Oh dear, I suddenly realised that there's no one to talk to this weekend! Parents are not around, yx is in China, and Mr. Ye is in Canada. Alas! And for my part, I probably won't have access to the net this weekend either, will be away in Telford.

***************

Gross. Feeling a little nervous about making the trip into England this weekend .. never taken the train before! Shit. Would have been so much better if I had company!! Also can't figure out how I'm going to settle my lunch tomorrow and my dinner the day after, since I'll be on the train. Brought a Mars Bar and 2 muesli bars in my bag, just in case.

I spent this morning ironing clothes in preparation for the coming week, and walked to Currys to get the HP digicam. It's working well right now, and I saved about £25 from rechargeable batteries, since the camera came with 2 rechargeables and 2 Energiser Lithium batteries. It's rather on the cheaper side, since Currys is having a Bank Holiday weekend sale. Alas! The camera also came with a portable HP travel photo-printer ... shit. I'm trying to see if I can throw things out of the luggage so I won't exceed 20kgs. Looking bleak, unless mom or yx have a few kgs to spare in theirs.

Spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what else I need to settle. It's going to be a flurry of activity next week, I need to settle a lot of logistics before mom and yx arrive. Calling B&Bs up, calling certain tour trips up, finalising the car hire etc. ARGHH!!

TV here is extremely gross, btw. The Saturday mornings are filled with cartoons in 4 out of 5 channels, and VERY slapstick ones at that. They have a lot of talk shows which are FON and freakishly dull. And whatever little real shows they have are like - OMG. To truly understand the state of TV here, just imagine: you have 5 channels, and 1 plays repetitive news ALL DAY (BBC), while the other 4 play Days of Our Lives ALL DAY. Yes, as bad as that. I'm no TV fan, but I know bad TV when I see one. Perhaps it's just the scottish channels?

Bought more microwavable food for tonight, and the following week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home