Of Haggis & Nessie

The chronicles of disorientation amongst the scottish brogue

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mushroom Day

I'm going to die from eating mushrooms here. Had mushrooms for breakfast, and mushrooms for lunch. Oddly enough, I think I'm gaining a LOT of weight after coming here. It's really odd, since I eat quite little. Maybe it's the quality of the food - sausages, bacon and yoghurt every day!

Saw a £28 digicam for sale somewhere, very tempted to get it before going to Mike's. It would be extremely sad indeed if I splurged £92 on train tickets and leave with 1Mpix photos using my phone's camera. I've finally got the train tickets for the trip, I'm leaving at 11.26am from Glasgow central station this Sunday, and reaching Telford central station at 4.42 pm. Checking in at a hotel in Telford, 1 km away from the station, since the B&B that's very near Mike's is fully-booked. Shit right? Meeting Mike sometime on Monday late morning.

Then for the return trip, I'm leaving Telford station at 4.15pm and reaching back at Glasgow at about 10pm. Decided to take a taxi from the Glasgow central station back to my Hall, it's simply too scary to take a bus at night.

Alas, I'm spending hundreds of dollars just to see plants.

Anyway, supervisor's off sick today, so I spent the entire day out from clinics. OH DEAR. He might ask me what I did today. Just tell him I was in the library lor. It's true what! I *am* in the library .. just that I'm using the net. =)

***********

Points of nostalgia ...

1) Had egg noodles for lunch today. Spoiled by the chicken, but egg noodles still taste like egg noodles no matter what you do to them.

2) Clinics - when I'm doing a direct ophthalmoscopy, I switch off all the lights except the doctor's table lamp, a yellow light. Sounds familiar? Sigh. I miss my room so bad. Greatest room in the world!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home