Of Haggis & Nessie

The chronicles of disorientation amongst the scottish brogue

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Road to Hospital

Sorry for the sudden influx of photograpyhs, my freaking hands had been ITCHING for days to use a PROPER computer. Not silly things that don't work. So here I present to you the road I take to hospital each day. Parts of it, at least. I'll edit this post along the way, as I take more photos.

1. The fields
Looking back towards my hall from the football field. The hall is not visible, but it's about 5-8 minutes' walk away, along the road to behind the trees. I was standing on a bridge while taking this photo.


2. The Forth & Clyde Canal
Nice little stream, flowing just under the bridge I'm standing on. To the right of the picture is my way to hospital, to the left is the way home. I like seeing this bridge everyday, it means my legs can rest in about 10 minutes' time.


3. Narcissus
Further walking into the woods after the bridge, into a field of narcissi and daffys.


4. Bluebells
Loads of bluebells in the woods. The small white flowers in the foreground are daisies I think, and some of the bluebells are actually pink. The tall, yellow flowers in the middle are daffodils. I think. Mr Ye .. I got that right?


5. The cANAL Restaurant
Out of the woods, past the Vet School, and out to the main road, and about 1km down this main road (Bearsden Road) I get to another crossing of the Clyde Canal. Apparently someone thought it funny to remove the letter "C" from this restaurant's signage.


6. Plant shop
Another 1 km down from the cANAL Restaurant,I get to this lovely plant shop.


7. Where petrol is cheaper than diesel
After the plant shop, a 2km walk to this BP petrol station. Diesel is more expensive than petrol!!!


8. Gartnavel General Hospital (Western Infirmary)
At last. The hospital. Looks quite gross actually.


9. The Eye Clinic
Oooh, the clinics! The big machine in the middle is the slit lamp biomicroscope, and the long black thing sticking out is the attached teaching scope where I peer down hopefully to see stuff that the doc is seeing. As I mentioned, NO COMPUTER!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home